Janice C. Buker (Jcbuker)
Post Number: 2
|Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 4:28 am: |
I am looking for any current descendants of Israel Hilton Buker b. 17 Apr 1756 in Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA, d. 5 Nov 1848 in Otsego, Muskingum, OH and Sarah Bathsheba Carver b. abt. 1763 in Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA d. 1860 Leeds, Androscoggin, ME, m. 21 June 1784 also in Bridgewater. It is said she married a 2nd time to Joseph Pennell in 1814. Israel left her after his RW service to check out the Ohio lands, remaining there until the end of his life. He remarried and had 9 more children.
Children: (all born in Gray, Cumberland, ME)
1. Israel Hilton Buker, II b. 2 July 1786 d. ?, Hancock, Hancock, ME
2. Fayette Buker, b. 17 July 1788, d. ? Hancock, Hancock, ME
3. Cyrus Buker, b. 4 Mar 1790, d. 1840, Surry, Hancock, ME
4. Carver P. Buker, b. 23 Jun 1792, d. bef 1860, Biddeford, York, ME
5. Charles Livy/Levy Buker b. 7 Jun 1795, d. 27 Feb 1848, Old Surry, Penobscot, ME
6. Caleb W. Buker, b. 12 Oct 1797, d. 15 Nov 1880, Muskingum County, Ohio
7. Sarah Buker, b. 18 Dec 1799, d. ?
8. Alpha Elisha Buker, b. 27 Feb 1802, d. 28 Mar 1886, Muskingum County, Ohio (our line)
9. Eleazer Carver Buker, b. 1 Mar 1804, d. ?
10. Edson Buker, b. 1 Feb 1885, Muskingum County, Ohio
The names Carver and Edson are family surnames from Bathsheba's (as she was called) side of the family. It is said that Israel's father was Hilton Decatur Buker and he died at the age of 21, leaving Israel as an indentured/fostered? child. Nothing more is know by us regarding this and we have no records to prove this information.