Dunlap Family History Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

MHS Discussion Board » Surname Queries » D - F » Dunlap Family History « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peggy Dunlap (Peggyd)
Username: Peggyd

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I am researching my Family History. I have found some family history already but have come to a dead end. Hope someone can help. This is what I have so far. Arthur Dunlap born February 8, 1877 (I think Corinna, Maine). Arthur was married to Maude L. Martin.

Arthur's father was Edward F. Dunlap born abt 1836 in Ripley, Maine. Edward was married three times. First wife was Sarah Smart, Second wife was Rosina/Rozina Welch and third wife was Cora E. (Moulton)Wells.

Edward's Father was a William Dunlap married to a Mary Stinson and he was born in Norway, Maine and that is as far as I can go.

Brenda Hensley (Bhensley)
Username: Bhensley

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I actually live in Corinna ME. I also have Dunlap, Smart, and Welch surnames in my genealogy. I will try to go to the town hall on Monday to see if I can find anything for you. I have two William Dunlaps, one married to an Olive and he was b. abt. 1770 not sure where. His son William was b. Ripley Maine in 1796 and married in St. Albans ME 29 Nov. 1824 to Sylvia Sampson. Let me know if this sounds familiar.

Brenda

Peggy Dunlap (Peggyd)
Username: Peggyd

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

Arthur Eugene Dunlap

Born: February 8, 1877 (Think he was born Corinna, Maine per Marriage record)

Died: March 10, 1950
Burial: Mattawamkeag, Maine

Spouse: Maude Lizzie Martin born 1878
Died on August 8, 1961

Married on January 1, 1900 both bride and groom were living in Madison,Maine at the time of their marriage.

Father: Edward F. Dunlap born abt 1836 Ripley, Maine per Edwards marriage record to a Cora E. (Moulton), Wells.

Mother: Sarah A. Smart born? (per Arthur's
marriage record). She was either born in Vermont per census records or in Whitehall, N.Y. per Arthur's marriage record)

Children:

Blanche Maude Dunlap born 1902

Ledyard Martin Dunlap born October 3, 1908 died on January 4, 1979 he married to Helen Mae Oakes on March 15, 1930 both bride and groom were living in Bangor, Maine at that time.

Dallas Eugenie Dunlap born 1911 Married Edward Paul Brown from Kenduskeag, Maine on October 7, 1932 she was living at that time in Kenduskeag, Maine.

Edward F. Dunlap

Born: Abt 1836 (I believe in Ripley per his marriage record to Cora E. (Moulton), Wells married on March 30, 1901)

Died: February 12, 1911
Burial: Canaan, Maine

Spouses:

1. Sarah A. Smart She was born either in Vermont per census records or in Whitehall, N.Y. per Arthur Dunlap's marriage records.

2. Rosina S. Welch born? of Mercer Marriage information: entered May 12, 1884. Certificate issued May 17, 1884. They were married on May 27, 1884 by Wm A. Copeland, Justice of Peace per Corinna, Maine Vital records 1797-1894.

3. Cora E. Moulton/Wells born ? in St. Albans they got married on March 3, 1901 in Canaan, Maine.

Father: William Dunlap born? in Norway, Maine per Edward's marriage and death record.

Mother: Mary Stinson born ? in Clinton per Edward's Marriage and death record.

Children of Edward F. Dunlap and Sarah A. (Smart) Dunlap:

Lilly May Dunlap born on October 14, 1866 in Corinna, Maine per Corinna Vital records.1797 - 1894.

Blanche L. Dunlap born (might be June 14, 1870). Blanche's marriage record says she was 23 at time of Marriage on September 1, 1892. She married a James F. White in Bangor, Maine. The father listed on the record just says Franklin. Mother is listed as Sarah Smart from Whitehall N.Y.

Arthur Eugene Dunlap born February 8, 1877 married Maude Lizzie Martin born 1878 Died on August 8, 1961. Married on January 1, 1900 both bride and groom were living in Madison, Maine at the time of their marriage.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: