Dyers of Maine/Canada Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

MHS Discussion Board » Surname Queries » D - F » Dyers of Maine/Canada « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bren
Posted on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I'm searching for information on Thomas Dyer m. Agnes Clifford(?) in N.B. They migrated to Atkinson/Dover Foxcroft Maine area,possibly with other Dyers. Thomas is buried in Medford, & his wife & some children are buried in Atkinson. Does this family sound familiar?

Karen Petrin
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

There are many Thomas Dyer's in the Dyer line, perhaps you could give a date of birth, marriage or death?
I am also researching the Dyer family. I believe there were three families from England, one settled in Rhode Island, one in Sheepscot Maine and the other in Cape Elizabeth Maine.
Much information is online at the Dyer's of New England website:
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/d/y/e/Frank-E-Dyer/

Good luck!

Bren
Posted on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I was not able to locate my Thomas on the website you mentioned. Thomas Albert Dyer b. 1828 d. 1900/01 buried in Medford, N.B. He married Agnes Augusta Nichols (or clifford?) b. 1852 d. 1923 buried in Atkinson, ME.

Thomas' father was Michael Dyer b. 1794 married Anna or "Hanna" Dyer b. 1808. They were from Medford, Grandfalls, N.B.

Thomas and Agnes had (to name a few) Mary Jane Dyer b. 1870, John H. Dyer b. 1875, Frank, James, Rose, & George (possible other children).

Thank you.

JKCarter
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I noticed you obtained your information from Ancestry. I found from Maine marraiges to 1875: Thomas A. Dyer married Mrs. Francis Scribner on 12/2/1865 in Belfast, ME. Also, I used to live in Franklin Co., ME and knew some Dyer's from Strong, Franklin Co. In my research for my own ancestors I have come across the name in the Somerset and Franklin Counties of ME. Good luck. If you need additional direction, let me know and I'll see what I can get for you.

Bren
Posted on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

Thank you for your offer. Some information I did get from Ancestry, but ultimately I had to visit Atkinson, ME, and meet another descendant from MASS to obtain and verify most of it. It does not sound like the above is the same Thomas Dyer. My Thomas was in Medford/Frederickton, NB,Canada and his father was alloted acreage from the Royal West India Rangers at the time of disbandment. Thomas' family moved to Maine. Thomas passed away in Medford. My Dyer line is of Irish descent & am having a hard time connecting with others from this line. If any of this sounds familiar with the Dyers from Strong, Franklin Co, I would be very interested in hearing from or connecting with them. I seem to be at a standstill with Michael Dyer & his other half (name unknown). I do not know Thomas' siblings names, but perhaps that thomas could be a brother or nephew. There was a Thomas Alber Dyer, JR, but he was not born until 1877. Any help or guidance is very much appreciated, and thank you once again.

Kymberley Clark (clarkk19)
Username: clarkk19

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

Helen I Dyer m. Carlton Clark on Jan 13, 1924 in Portland. They continued to reside in Portland, and are listed in City Directory up to 1927. Carlton was born in Massachusetts in 1903, unsure of Helen's stats. Looking for Helen's lineage info and date/place of death.

Brenda Hensley (mainelygenealogy)
Username: mainelygenealogy

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I found Helen I. Dyer living with her mother and grandmoter in the 1910 Census of Portland. Her mother's name was Clara W. Dyer. Clara was the daughter in law of Helen I. Dyer. I can't seem to find a Carlton Dyer anywhere. I do see Helen T. in a previous census with a son Clifford. I found a marriage record for him to a Mabel C. Hasty. This is a confusing one. Do you have any more information on Helen I. Dyer?

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

Sorry,,,,I meant to say that Clara was the daughter in law of Helen T. Dyer.

Kymberley Clark (clarkk19)
Username: clarkk19

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

Hi Brenda,

Helen I Dyer was daughter of Clara Lothrop & Harry T. Dyer (father was listed as deceased prior to 1924). She was born in Cape Elizabeth approximately 1904. She would have become Helen I Clark, after marriage to Carlton (Carleton). I am trying to find information about her death, which I believe was between 1927-1933 in Maine or perhaps New Brunswick.

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

Ok, so the Clara living in the 1910 Census with her mother in law was the correct one. Let me do some digging and see what I can come up with.

Dr. Diann Nagel (docnagel)
Username: docnagel

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2011 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I am trying to join DAR and need proof that Elkanak Dyer and Catherine Brooks had a daughter Elmira ( Almira) born 1802 Maine. She married Humphrey Whitney and moved to Michigan.
Any help would be great.

Merrylyn Sawyer (msaweyr8286)
Username: msaweyr8286

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

Dr. Nagel, Have you been able to join DAR yet?
I have some info for you.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: